Work Permit

Temporary Foreign Worker Program authorises a foreign national to work temporarily in Canada. In most instances work permits will only be issued after the employer gets the Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

The TFWP program is made up of four streams:

The ESDC will consider the following factors before issuing a Positive LMIA:

Once ESDC grants Positive LMIA, the foreign national needs to apply for a work permit at a visa office in his/her country, or, if the foreign national is a U.S. citizen, at a port of Entry. Once the Visa Officer is satisfied that the foreign national has all of the necessary documents, he/she will receive Work Permit.

It is important to mention that the work permit authorises the foreign national to work only for the employer named on the employment authorisation issued to him/her. However, due to any reasons, if foreign worker wishes to change the employer, he must apply for a new employment authorisation.

Immigration Option For Foreign Workers:

There are different programs available for the Temporary foreign worker to Immigrate to Canada permanently such as Canadian experience Class, Provincial Nominee Program, Federal Skilled Trades Class and Federal skilled worker Class.

For more information contact Navdeep Rampal at 001-778-881-6409 or send us an email at

Please contact us today by sending email to or by calling us at 001-778-881-6409.Fill out the FREE ASSESSMENT FORM to get started

Our immigration services cover a wide range of matters, including family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, naturalization, and deportation defense.

We are dedicated to providing professional and courteous legal services to our clients. Our team of experienced immigration attorneys adheres to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct, ensuring that our clients receive the best possible legal representation.