DTC Immigration Ltd., Surrey

As of January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has a new electronic system called Express Entry to accept applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Trades program.

In order to qualify to apply under this program, you must:

  1. must meet the minimum threshold in English or French-Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing,

  2. have at least two years of full time experience in a skilled trade within last five years preceding your application,

  3. meet the job requirement for the skilled trades as set out in National occupation classification, except for needing a certificate or qualification, and

  4. have offers of full time employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body.

Skilled Trades currently eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these major and minor groups of the NOC:

  1. Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,

  2. Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,

  3. Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,

  4. Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,

  5. Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and

  6. Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.

Contact us for more information about the Federal Skilled Trades Class or fill out a free assessment form to learn more about your options.

For Free Canada Visa Guidance Call 001-778-881-6409 or Take FREE Assessment